We bike along an amazing landscape passing through the old palace, the stables, wine cellars and the royal cemetery.
Tatoi is one of the most magical areas in Attica. The Tatoi Royal Estate is located 27 km from the city center of Athens. It was once the summer retreat of King George and Queen Olga and, from 1948, the royal family’s permanent residence. The estate included vineyards, vegetable gardens, large expanses of citrus trees and extensive olive groves, stables, a winery and an oil mill. Nowadays although abandoned the area is still beautiful.
Dense forests overgrown with Aleppo pine trees, tall cypresses, poplars, plane trees, beech trees, Greek strawberry trees, olive trees, and citrus trees among others adorn the Tatoi estate, which is currently protected by the Natura 2000 network as an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Period of Operation: All year round
- 65€/pp for 5-6 participants
- 70€/pp for 2-4 participants
- Basic physical condition
- Biking knowledge
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
Meeting point: Your Hotel in Athens
Meeting time: 09.30 am
- Light hiking shoes or runners
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material : cotton or polycotton not denim)
- A long sleeved t- shirt
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
09:00: departure from your hotel
10:00: arrival at the entrance of the royal gardens. Take and test your bikes and equipment.
10:00 – 13:30: mountain bike with a break for picnic and rest.
14:00-15.00: departure and arrival to your accommodation