Greek Pottery ~ Walk Tour & Workshop is all about learning the history of pottery craftsmanship through an interactive walk tour and a workshop that will allow you to practice it!
In collaboration with the Centre for the Study of Modern Pottery, we start our day by visiting the Keramikos site in the center of the city (as suggested by its name Keramikos is from the Greek word for pottery), a settlement of ancient Athens potters and vase painters. We then walk next door to the Foundation of Greek Pottery, a museum housed on a handsome neoclassical structure erected as a private residence in 1875. Our 2 hrs. workshop in the Foundation will allow plenty of time to learn and apply the art of pottery – and create your unique pieces like a vase, toy, or jewelry!
* If you wish to receive your handmade pottery item by mail, we will need an extra week for drying & glazing, plus postage.
- Learn the history of pottery craftsmanship through an interactive walk tour and a workshop
- Create your unique pieces
- Visit the Keramikos site in the center of the city
Trekking Hellas offers an array of day or multi-day tours in Athens city. You can combine Greek Pottery: Walk Tour & Workshop with Hills of Athens A Walk through Time tour to actively explore Athens and navigate unfamiliar places or Artisans & Markets Walk Your Greek shopping therapy tour to indulge into the local open markets and experience local crafts and artisans! For travelers with special preferences or needs, we also customize our tours! Feel free to contact us and we will create the perfect experience for you!
Period of Operation: Every day (Monday-Saturday)
- 130€/pp for 4-10 participants
- 190€/pp for 2-3 participants
- 360€/pp for 1 participant
For more participants please contact us.
- Basic physical condition
- Minimum age: 5+
- Professional Guide specialized in Pottery
- Tickets for the archaeological site of Kerameikos
- The shipment cost for your artwork in the case you want it to be baked and shipped to your home address.
- Anything not mentioned above
10:00 am: Meeting at the Foundation of Greek Pottery
10:00 am – 11:00 am: Tour of the Ancient Keramikos site
11:00 am – 11:30 am: Coffee & Refreshments break at the Foundation of Greek Pottery inner yard
11:30 am – 1:30 pm: Workshop by professional archeologist – potter
- Every day (Monday – Saturday) throughout the year
- Meeting Point: Centre for the Study of Modern Pottery, 4-6 Melidoni str., 10553 Athens – Click Here
- Time: 10.00 am
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.