A circular hiking tour with superb views in east Lefkada!
We start at the picturesque rural village of Kolyvata at an altitude of 425 m. We cross the slopes of Mt. Skaron, following traditional paved footpaths and forest dirt roads covered with tall tree-like maquis vegetation, dense shrubs, oaks and many rare wildflowers. We then visit two of the most important religious monuments of Lefkada: the historic Monastery of Evangelistria’s Red Church in ‘Platystoma’ (1458 AD) and Agios Georgios Monastery (1611 AD). We end up at Kolyvata village, where we savour a unique home-made Mediterranean meal with Lefkada’s traditional recipes.
Duration: Hiking time 3 hours / Total time: 4 hours.
Distance: 10 Km.
Departure time: 10.00 am – Arrival time: 14.00.
- Basic Physical Condition
- Age 14 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- Greek traditional snack
May to October
Meeting Point: Kolyvata Village Square – Click here to see meeting point on the map
Meeting Time: 10.00 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles