Hike to God Pan’s Cave. A n exploration of a mythological place, the Corycian Cave.
We hike through a lush fir forest for about an hour to the Corycian Cave, also known as Pan’s Cave. Dedicated to the God Pan and the Corycian Nymphs, the cave is known not only for its beauty but also for its ancient myth, proclaiming that the cave was visited by divine spirits. It was formed by underground waters in ancient times. Scientific research showed that the cave was inhabited from the Neolithic era and the abundant finds date back from the Neolithic to the Classical period. The cave is connected to Delphi by an ancient footpath pilgrims use to follow in ancient times. Today it is part of the E4 European trail connecting Portugal with Cyprus. The hike offers easy going moments in nature and is an opportunity to learn all about Greek mythology.
- Discover the wild National Park of Mt. Parnassos
- Visit a mythical cave
- Follow ancient pilgrims steps
Trekking Hellas offers an array of activities and tours in this area featuring a variety of different experiences. Besides our Hike to God Pan’s Cave, also check out our Cooking Class & Wine Tasting, Olive Oil Tasting, Hiking, Biking and snow activities during the winter months.
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
- 35€/person for 4-6 participants
- 40€/person for 3 participants
- 45€/person for 2 participants
(for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age 10 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Micro Cafe in Livadi area – Check google maps point here
Meeting Time: 09.30 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Obligatory light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
9:30: Meet your guide to Livadi Plateau Alt. 1200m at Micro Cafe
09:30 – 10:30: Hike to the cave
10:30 – 11:00: Visit the cave
11:00 – 12:00: Hike back to our car