Ancient Olive Grove Biking is a discovery of the beauty of a famous ancient olive grove.
Our ride starts in the archaeological site of Delphi at the temple of Athena Pronaia. We enter the heart of the Crisaean field olive grove with naturally carved trunks of centennial trees. It is wonderful to observe how the silver-green foliage of the olive trees change colors depending on the time of the day. We pass by the little chapel of St George with the typically Greek high cypresses and take in the unique scenery. Once we arrive in the riverbed of the River Plistos, we have a break near a traditional stone fountain under the refreshing shade of a large plane tree. Here we enjoy a delicious traditional picnic. If we are tired our bike ride finishes here. Otherwise we continue our ride to the seaside town of Itea for 5 more kilometres.
Distance: 15 or 20 km with 570 m of height difference, following smooth downhill rural roads.
Suitable for everyone who rides a bike.
Highlights of Ancient Olive Grove Biking:
- Famous Olive Grove, protected by UNESCO, more than 1.5 millions olive trees
- Discover all about the olive culture
- Savor a traditional Greek picnic
Ancient Olive Grove Biking, can be also included in our Classic Greece in Action Tour and our 3day/2night Delphi Getaway a wonderful trip with a stay in charming Villa Koromilies Guesthouse. You can also combine your Delphi experience with various other hikes or activities like Olive Oil Tasting, Cooking, hiking and snow activities during the winter months.
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
- 55€/person for min 6 participants
- 65€/person for 4-5 participants
- 70€/person for min 3 participants
- 80€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age 10 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Transfer back to Delphi
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
Throughout the year
Meeting Point: Temple of Athena Pronaia in Delphi
Meeting Time: 09.00 am
- Light hiking shoes or runners
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- A long sleeved t- shirt
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
09:00: Meeting at the temple of Athena Pronaia in Delphi
09:00 – 11:00: Ride from Delphi to the Olive grove
11:00 – 11:30: Lunch brake traditional picnic
11:30 – 12:00: Ride in the heart of the Olive grove and transfer back to Delphi