Mt.Akramitis Hike is a day guided tour with eye catching 360 views in unknown Rhodes.
We meet in the beautiful rural village of Monolithos, on the unspoiled western side of the island. The peak of Mount Akramitis, the second highest mountain of Rhodes, is our goal for today! The hike gradually ascends on green slopes of cypress trees overlooking the bay of Apolakia. On the way will have a lot of opportunities for amazing photos. After the demanding first part, we will now hike through beautiful meadows, full of aromatic colorful herbs and we soon reach the chapel of St John. Time for a well-deserved stop, before starting again to concur the top. Once arrived, the views are more than worthy. Anyone can admire the nearby islands of Halki, Alimia, Tilos and even Karpathos, the inland of Rhodes Island, the lake of Gadouras and Apolakia and feel like a real explorer. To go down we follow a different trail between high pine trees. This hike offers the chance to explore a totally undiscovered area of the island. Mt.Akramitis hike is wonderful hike for active travelers who seek authenticity and off the beaten path destinations.
- Conquer the second highest peak of the island
- Explore a different side of Rhodes – forests, meadows and rocky peaks inside a Natura 2000 protected area
- Admire the 360 views from the top (Dodecanese Islands, Turkey, inland of Rhodes)
Period of Operation: Every Friday from April – Mid June & September – End of November
- Professional English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide (1 for 10 participants)
- 1 bottle of water
- Traditional snack
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
Optional Hotel Pick Up / Drop Off:
- 10€ per person for a pick up from these areas: Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas. Please add transfer option when booking online.
- 15€ per person for a pick up from the areas: Pefkos, Kiotari, Gennadi. In order to book transfers from these areas, please contact us.
Every Friday from April – Mid June & September – End of November
Meeting point: Monolithos village, North entrance, next to Christos’ Corner tavern. Click here for our meeting point on the map.
Meeting time: 09.00 am
- hiking shoes (boots are not necessary)
- long hiking pants
- second T-shirt
- windproof jacket
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
09:00 Meeting in Monolithos village
09.00 – 11.00 Hiking from Monolithos
11.00 – 11.15 Short stop to admire the views and enjoy a traditional snack
11.15 – 11.45 Hiking towards the top!
11.45 – 12.00 Admire the views from the top
12.00 – 13.30 Hiking back to the village