- Conquer the second highest peak of the island
- Explore a different side of Rhodes – forests, meadows and rocky peaks inside a Natura 2000 protected area
- Admire the 360 views from the top (Dodecanese Islands, Turkey, inland of Rhodes
With a private coach bus, we set off for Monolithos, a beautiful rural village at the not spoiled by mass tourism West side of the island. The top of Akramitis mountain, the second highest of the island of Rhodes, is our goal for today! The hike ascents gradually on green slopes of cypress trees that overlook the bay of Apolakia giving multiple chances for amazing photos. After the demanding first part, we now hike through beautiful meadows, full of aromatic colorful herbs and we soon reach the chapel of St John. Time for a well-deserved stop, before starting again to concur the top. Once arrived, the views are more than worthy. Anyone can admire the nearby islands of Halki, Alimia, Tilos and even Karpathos, the inland of Rhodes Island, the lake of Gadouras and Apolakia and feel like a real explorer. To go down we follow a different trail between high pine trees. This hike offers you the chance to explore a totally undiscovered area of the island, and can surely convince you that Rhodes is more than classic
Period of Operation: Every Friday from April-Mid June & September – 31 October
- Professional English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide (1 for 10 participants)
- Hotel pick up and drop off (please check detailed list of pick up points)
- 1 bottle of water
- Traditional snack
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
There is an extra charge for hotel pick up from these areas : Pefkos, Kiotari, Gennadi – 5€ plus per person round route. Please add transfer option when booking online. If your hotel/accommodation is located at Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas, there is no need of adding the extra transfer. Basic pick up and drop off from and to there is already included in the package of 73€.
Every Friday (April to October)
Meeting point: Your hotel or another lodging. Pick up from Rhodes town, Ixia, Ialysos, Kremasti, Paradeisi, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Kolympia, Vlycha, Haraki, Lindos.
Meeting time: 08.00 am
- hiking shoes (boots are not necessary)
- long hiking pants
- second T-shirt
- windproof jacket
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
08.00 Pick up from your hotel or another lodging
09.00 – 11.00 Hiking from Monolithos
11.00 – 11.15 Short stop to admire the views and enjoy a traditional snack
11.15 – 11.45 Hiking towards the top!
11.45 – 12.00 Admire the views from the top
12.00 – 13.30 Hiking back to the village
13.30 Transfer back