Snowshoe hiking! A different winter hiking experience.
We start our snowshoe hiking at the Deffner Shelter in the base of Gerontovrachos ski center at an altitude of 1.800 m. We walk in snowy trails enjoying the peace and tranquility of the mountain all dressed in white, feeling like we are floating in the snow. Moving through the forest we keep our eyes and ears open and observe the wildlife that hides in the snow. The scenery will alternate between alpine and forest environment. On days with clear weather, we will have a great view over the Corinthian Gulf and the imposing Peloponnese mountains. For families with young kids, we can propose an alternative “light fun hike” combining snowshoe hiking for adults and sledges for kids. If you are interested feel free to contact us and we will create the prefect activity for your and your family.
- Enjoy walking on the snow
- Beautiful Mt. Parnassos winter forest area
- Unique view on the Corinthian Gulf
Another exciting and active experience for your family and friends is our Relaxing Hike & Picnic – Mt. Parnassos National Park program! Join us for some fun and activity in the mountain and create valuable fo lifetime memories!
Period of Operation: End of December to April (depending on snow)
- 45€/person for 4-6 participants
- 55€/person for min 3 participants
- 65€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age 10 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Greek traditional picnic lunch and a warm drink after the activity (coffee, tea or hot chocolate)
End of December to April (depending on snow)
Meeting Point: Deffner shelter at the base of Gerontovrachos ski center. Click here to see the location on the map.
Meeting Time: 09.00 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
09:00: Meeting at Deffner shelter at the base of Gerontovrachos ski center. Click here to see the location on the map.
09:00 – 11:30: Snowshoes hike
11:30 – 12:00: Traditional picnic and a warm drink