A different winter hiking experience.
We start at Deffner Shelter at the base of Gerontovrachos ski center (1800m altitude). We walk in snowy trails enjoying the peace and tranquility of the mountain all dressed in white, feeling that we float in the snow. The scenery will alternate between alpine and forest environment. On days with clear weather, we will have a great view of the Corinthian Gulf and the Peloponesse mountains. For families with young kids, we can propose an alternative “light fun hike” combining snowshoes for adults and sledges for kids. If you are interested in this option please contact us for more information.
- Enjoy walking on the snow
- Beautiful Mt. Parnassos winter forest area
- Unique view on the Corinthian Gulf
Period of Operation: End of December to April (depending on snow)
- 45€/person for 4-6 participants
- 55€/person for min 3 participants
- 65€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
- Basic physical condition
- Age 10 years and above
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Greek traditional picnic lunch and a warm drink after the activity (coffee, tea or hot chocolate)
End of December to April (depending on snow)
Meeting Point: Deffner shelter at the base of Gerontovrachos ski center. Click here to see the location on the map.
Meeting Time: 09.00 am
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
09:00: Meeting at Deffner shelter at the base of Gerontovrachos ski center. Click here to see the location on the map.
09:00 – 11:30: Snowshoes hike
11:30 – 12:00: Traditional picnic and a warm drink