2 Days Sea Kayak Diaporos Islands is a trip along the eastern side of the Sithonia peninsula is an unforgettable experience that offers almost everything: enchanting sunrises and sunsets, a pleasant paddling route, relaxation on beautiful shores, underwater life observation, swimming in emerald waters and tasting delicious food. Shores with high pines, beautiful and secluded beaches between the rocks – the ideal place for an adventure vacation that alternates between picturesque villages and the wild landscape.
Highlights of 2 Days Sea Kayak Diaporos Islands:
- Diaporos islands complex
- Ruins of the medieval St. Andreas church on the Diaporos island
- Snorkeling in crystal clear water
- World-famous beaches
- Day 1: 8.4 Miles
- Day 2: 9.2 Miles
Period of Operation: May to October
- 210€/pp for min 4-6 participants
- 250€/ pp for min 3 participants
- 310€/ pp for min 2 participants
- Basic physical condition
- Swimming Knowledge
- Ages 15-80 years old
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide (BCU)
- First aid kits and other necessary equipment
- Snorkeling and kayak equipment
- Camping equipment (exc sleeping bag )
- Dry bags
- 1 breakfast
- 2 snacks
- 2 Meals
- Local Transportation
- Hotel Pickup & Drop Off from Nikiti, Vourvourou, Pigadikia free of charge
- Hotel Pickup & Drop Off from areas outside Nikiti, Vourvourou, Pigadikia – extra charge 12€/pp
- Professional guide in the archaeological site
- Entrance fees
- Anything not mentioned above
Diaporos Island is located in the peaceful bay of Vourvourou, in Sithonia. The area is suitable for novice kayakers who do not want to face any big waves since this area is protected from strong winds.
09:00 am Meeting with your guide, welcome briefing, and handing out equipment. After the training, we will paddle directly to the beautiful small islands in Vourvourou bay.
10:00 am We will have a break on the amazing beach of Lagonisi with the shallow turquoise waters. We will observe underwater life with diving masks and snorkels. We will swim in the warm, crystal clear waters and enjoy the sun on the golden sandy beaches. Then, we will paddle between the islets of Peristeri and Elia St. Nikolaos in the area “Kryfto”. There, we may visit the ruins of the oldest Christian church in the area of Sithonia, which dates to approximately 500 AD. Our final destination is the magnificent turquoise natural pool between the island of Diaporo and the island of St. Isidore – a unique point for swimming.
14:00 pm Break for swimming and lunch on White Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. Our lunch will be a picnic (salads, fruits, cheese).
16:30 pm We paddle to the small pool, and there we will swim for a while.
18:00 pm We will visit another wonderful beach in the vicinity, the Pakia beach.
20:00 pm Dinner in the tavern of Vourvourou village. Overnight at the Rea camping.
Paddling Distance: 8.4 Miles
9:00 am After breakfast, we will prepare the kayaks to paddle along the shore, on the eastern side of the peninsula, facing Mount Athos.
11:00 am After passing the beautiful beach of Fava and the pine-covered beach of Bara, we will stop for rest and swimming on the Lakara beach (we have traveled about 3 nmi)
13:00 pm Our second stop will be at the beach of Armenistis, the gem of the Sithonia peninsula!! Endless, golden beach, crystal clear water, splendid view of Mount Athos, and shady tall pines and plane trees by the sea. It is definitely an opportunity for a relaxing dive. We will have a light meal consisting of salads, cheese, and fruits, at the restaurant of the campsite. (we have traveled 3 nmi)
16:00 pm We will depart, paddling for the next 3 nautical miles until we reach Kavourotripes beach – the end of our journey. There, we will swim, play with kayaks, and explore underwater life with diving masks and snorkels. Kavourotripes is the hidden gem of Halkidiki. These are small coves, hidden behind a beautiful pine forest, with dazzling white sandy beaches and crystal clear turquoise waters. The exotic landscape and the view of the imposing Mount Athos make the place look like a little earthly paradise.
18:00 pm The minibus will pick us up, and we will return to our hotel or to our cars.
Paddling Distance: 9.2 Miles
From May to October
- A small backpack that will be waterproof – dry bags will be given for basics
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
- Swimming suit
- Second pair of shoes that will get wet